Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Episode 15: Meet the Grandparents

Madam Lechrin: Adam is bringing a girl to meet us? I hope she's decent.

Sir Lechrin: She'd better be.

The sound of the car approached the parking lot. Both Madam Lechrin and Sir Lechrin could hear footsteps and some laughters from outside. They remained elegant and calm as they always do.

Molly: Wait! Hold on.

Adam: What?

Molly: Stay still.

Adam stayed still.

Molly: There you go. My 'boyfriend' need to look sharp for this important evening.

Adam: Oh, thanks.

Molly made sure that Adam's tux would look neat and tidy. After all, they are meeting his grandparents.

Slowly the door is opened. Madam Lechrin and Sir Lechrin waited anxiously for the guests' arrival. They prepared themselves to criticize their grandson's girlfriend.

Adam and Molly entered.

Madam Lechrin and Sir Lechrin are both speechless.

Madam Lechrin: Oh dear!

Sir Lechrin: Is this true?

Madam Lechrin: Why, aren't you the granddaughter of Sir Hoggary?

She asked Molly.

Molly: Well, yes I am. Very please to meet you. My name is...

Sir Lechrin: Decent! As neat as the Noble Hoggary himself! No need for introduction. We KNOW who you are.

Adam: That's weird. Molly, this is my grandparents. Have you ever met them before?

Molly: Erm... sorry for the impoliteness but I have never officially met both Madam and Sir Lechrin before.

Madam Lechrin: Oh, of course you don't know who we are! We heard about you from Mrs. Hoggary herself.

Adam: Huh?

Adam is at most confused.

Madam Lechrin: Oh! Silly us! Come on in and sit with us. Come on now, don't be shy. Adam, we're dissapointed in you for letting such guest to stand at the doorway for quite a long time. Shame on you!

Adam: What???

Madam Lechrin took Molly's hand and brought her to the living room. Meanwhile, Adam is stopped by Sir Lechrin.

Sir Lechrin: Where did you find her my one and only grandson?

Adam: Well... It's quite complicated...

Sir Lechrin: Oh my grandson! I have never been more proud!

Suddenly Sir Lechrin gave Adam a warm hug he had stopped given to him since he was 5.

Sir Lechrin: Good choice mate! Cheers!

Both Adam's grandparents loved Molly. They asked her many questions about her until she blushed. Adam wondered why his grandparents liked Molly so much. They never approved anything in his life before. They even loved her more than they had ever loved him. He didn't mind that. But he is sad because Molly and him are separated. Sir Lechrin had to leave after the dinner for a business meeting. So, Adam went to the balcony alone.

He gazed at stars but only wondered why his grandparents are acting so weirdly. They didn't like Emma before. Before he could further his thoughts, his hand was touched by cold yet lovely fingers.

Molly: Your Grandmother is watching. Come, and give me a kiss.

Adam looked at his Grandmother and smiled. He then kissed Molly on the cheek. Not the kind of kiss that Molly have been expecting.

Molly: It's cold out here. Why are you all alone?

Adam: Well, it's weird. It's very odd that this is the first time my grandparents actually like someone, besides thier own kin of course.

Molly: Is that thought wandering around your mind right now?

Adam: Pretty much.

Molly: Excuse me but are you jealous?

Adam: Whaaaat?? Why would I be jealous? They can have you whenever they want. It has got nothing to do with me.

Adam blushed. Molly smiled.

Molly: My question was - are you jealous that your grandparents are giving more attention to me than to you tonight?

Adam: Oh, that.. Yeah, I don't really mind.

Madam Lechrin: Oh children, I'm very sorry but I have to excuse myself right now. I've got important things to take care of. I'll accompany you to the door. Adam, do take good care of Molly.

Madam Lechrin then sent them to the door and they rook the ride home.

-----------------------------------------------

They stopped at their favourite place, The Hill. Both of them were lying under the stars on Adam's car.

Molly: Adam, can I ask you something? What would you say if your grandparents have proposed to me?

Adam: Yeah right.

Molly: Well, they actually did. When you excused yourself from the table during dinner just now.

Adam: WHAT???? And what did you say?

Molly: I said yes.






No comments:

Post a Comment