Sunday, March 21, 2010

Episode 22: Thank you Brooke!

Adam: Really? No wonder you looked familiar!

Brooke: Yeah, I thought you wouldn't recognised me. Anyway, Molly is waiting for you.

Adam: I feel bad doing this to her. She shouldn't have been involved in this complicated matter.

Brooke: She really care about you. She looked for me last week. Since then, she hasn't stopped working.

Adam: Don't tell me she was busy all these times because she knew about this problem coming?!

Brooke: She didn't have a good night sleep lately.

Adam: I could see from her eye-bag.

It was silence.

Brooke: I believe we havent officially met. My name is Brooke Montgomery.

She took out her hand and Adam shook it.

Adam: Hi. I'm Adam Lechrin. I could see from the way you dressed up and Molly went to you that you are interested in this matter, I suppose?

Brooke: What kind of things?

Adam: Like a lawyer-to-be, in handling serious issues as the Aspire Academy's representative.

Brooke: You guessed well. It's getting late. I went to the Principal and asked him the day off for you, Molly and me. Let's go somewhere else.

Adam: Have any place in mind?

Brooke: Fast Coffee House.

Adam: Lets.

They were walking from their school to the Fast Coffee House. Since it was a long journey, they had a chance to get to know each other better.

Adam: I still couldn't believe you were the girl from the Fast Coffee House.

Brooke: Yeah, I know. If only you'd take your chances, then we would have known each other by now.

Adam: Well, it's a mishap on my side. So, I apologise.

Brooke: There's no need for that. Besides, aren't we're talking right now?

Adam: That's true.

Brooke: It's going to be a tough day tomorrow. Are you prepared?

Adam: (Big & long sigh) I dunno..

Brooke: Well, don't worry coz Molly and I will be there tomorrow! And if they're trying something 'dirty', I would be around to prevent it from happening!

Adam: Thanks. That's thoughtful of you. So, if I may ask you some questions?

Brooke: Sure, I don't mind.

Adam: Out all the career in this world, why do you want to be a lawyer?

Brooke: Wow.

Adam: What?

Brooke: No has ever asked me before.

Adam: Really? Why is that?

Brooke: People tend to judge me and therefore they make conclusions about my life.

Adam: Like you must grow up in a well-mannered family and the lawyer thing is just in your blood? That your father or your grandfather was a lawyer and so you want to follow their footsteps? That you have no feelings at all underneath those neat clothes of yours and your cruelty lies behind those glasses? Something like that?

Brooke looked at Adam with surprise.

Brooke: How on Earth did you know?

Adam smiled. But it was a smile that said it all.

Adam: That's what people think of me too.

Brooke: So that's one of the reasons why you quit from Glory High School!

Adam: I'd love to say no to that but that's the truth. Anyway, we're here. Wait!

Adam looked at his watch and saw it was getting late.

Adam: Brooke, I'm soo sorry but it's getting late. I have something to do. Can we do this some other time? I promise I'll make it up to you.

Brooke: Sure, no biggie. But next time, you're buying!

Adam: That's a promise!

Adam was about to run when he realised he had something to say to Brooke so he turned to her.

Adam: Thank you Brooke!

Adam bowed at her.

Brooke: Just go already! Or you'll be late.

Brooke smiled big.







No comments:

Post a Comment